Cats are fantastic pets because they are so self-sufficient and easily trained, and duh, because they just are. But cleaning the litter box can be an overwhelming task, especially if you have multiple cats. It’s a stinky job but someone’s gotta do it. Well, we were all taking turns with that chore until this Automatic Litter Robot arrived. Now, no one minds having to do the cleanup because it is so easy! Product was received for review purposes and this post may contain affiliate links.
Set up was super easy and very self-explanatory and the instructions were very easy to follow. Getting my cats to use it wasn’t even an issue–but my cats are pretty cool. B)
If your cats are skeptical of it at first, they have several helpful suggestions on how to get your cat to use the litter-robot. (The box this is shipped in is quite big, and makes for a great kid/cat toy if you don’t need it for helping the cats get used to their new potty.)
Check out this video to see how it works… (my cat likes to watch it in action but he was getting in the way of my filming so I kinda startled him when I moved him out of the way. Oops…)
My favorite features of this machine:
- No more scooping!
- Super easy to clean!
- It has a timed cycle feature so you don’t have to worry about it getting full while you are away.
- Seven minutes after the cat leaves the unit, it will automatically cycle
- When it turns, it evenly covers the waste with litter to make it much less stinky.
- It levels the litter out every time so it’s not all on one side.
- It comes with bags (which I thought were a bit too big) but I have been using plastic grocery bags and they work just fine.
- The buttons are kind of difficult to push so the cats won’t accidentally push them while they’re in the unit.
They really thought of everything when designing this product. When I first saw it cycling, my first thought was, uh oh, the litter looks like it’s going to be uneven. But then, that thing turns past it’s home slot enough to level out the litter and then returns to it’s original position. BRILLIANT. There is also a cabinet for the Litter Robot.
If you have issues with litter scattering everywhere they even have a solution for that (which I will probably be utilizing as my cat is a total spaz.)
This product is MADE IN THE USA. 😀