With only four ingredients, this is an easy cookie bar recipe perfect for Valentine's day. Switch up the candies to make the cookie bars fit any occasion. The magic of this recipe is that you need four simple ingredients. That's how we roll, my friends.
Surprise visitors? Receive a Valentine you didn't expect? Last minute date night? Events like that are why we love to have easy cookie recipes up our digital sleeves. Make some to surprise a neighbor or send the kids off to give some to their friends.
No reason necessary to whip up a batch of delicious cookie bars. Make some for your next girls' night in or a movie night. Making cookies into bars is a simple way to change them up a bit. Use different candies for unique flavor combos, as well.
Thank you to Kari for creating these yummy treats for us. Go grab some of her free Valentine's printables to go with your cookies!
Easy Cookie Bar Recipe
Switch up the color of M&Ms to make this cookie bar recipe for any occasion.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a square 8×8 baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add cookie mix to a mixing bowl and stir in butter and egg. Mixture may be stiff.
- Stir in half of the candies.
- Spread into prepared pan and press firmly. Pro tip: Put your hand in the inside of a plastic sandwich bag and then spray the bag with nonstick cooking spray. That's how you easily flatten the dough into the pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining candies.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.
Who will you make this easy cookie bar recipe for?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.