I am surrounded by moms who are nonstop busy. I honestly do not know how they balance it all! My sister, for one example, is one of the busiest people that I know. Even with all her running around, she usually manages to squeeze in her workouts and maintain a healthy diet. When she gets too overwhelmed and cuts corners, it's inevitable that she will get sick. I have partnered up with Mom Central and Provella™ to share a few of my personal health shortcuts with you. Sure, I am not a mom to any humans yet (I have my dogs), but I am still busy and love shortcuts! 😉
All moms should make time for themselves, but during the days when that is 100% impossible, there are many little shortcuts that can be done easily.
Healthy Shortcuts for Busy Moms
- Portion Control: Nothing zaps my energy quicker than a huge, heavy meal. Smaller meals and tiny snacks in between, fuels me more efficiently throughout the day.
- Cut Sugar: The last thing a busy person needs is a sugar crash. Switch out a few sugary snacks for ones with higher protein for longer lasting energy.
- Move More: If you don't have time for a full-blown workout, that doesn't mean you can't be more active in whatever you are doing. I do butt squeezes while I am driving… and blogging (I might even be doing them right now, you don't know). Have a cleaning dance party. That's fun for the whole family and the house gets clean – win, win! Do squats in the bathroom. I do this at work. Even just 20 squats each bathroom trip can make a little difference!
- Stay Hydrated: Drink WATER. Ditch the pop and other sugary drinks. Drink water consistently throughout the day.
- Take a Daily Probiotic: So much of our health starts in our digestive tracts. It's so important to maintain a healthy balance of good bacteria in the gut. It can be hard to do this – especially for busy moms – with diet alone. Taking a daily probiotic, like Provella™, can help support good digestive and vaginal health. When taken daily and consistently, it can also help support overall immune system health.
- Take Fifteen Minutes a Day: You can find 15 minutes – make time… just for you. Even if you just sit in your dark closet (I have been told this happens with moms a lot) and zone out, it's still time for you.
- Try Green Tea: If you are a coffee addict who drinks multiple cups a day, try switching out at least one for green tea. It has powerful antioxidants in it, while being just as energy-boosting (if not more) as coffee.
Those are just a few tips that I like to incorporate into my lifestyle. There are many more, too. Just get creative and see what works for you. Even little tweaks a day can eventually make a big impact on your overall health.
More About Provella™
Provella™ is a probiotic designed specifically for women. Flora imbalances occur when the bad bacteria outweighs the good. Different reasons that this can happen is diet, hormone changes, spermicides, and antibiotic use. So many aspects of your health can be effected if this is out of whack. Out of all the probiotics on the market, Provella™ targets women. It contains 6 specific bacteria strains that have the maximum benefit for lady parts. 😉 Read all about it in this educational brochure, and also watch the video below.
~ Savings ~
Coupon for $6.00 off of your Provella™ purchase. Provella™ can be purchased from their website and from drugstore.com.
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Provella™. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.