Having several delicious, high protein recipes at your disposal makes morning meals a far more successful piece of your daily meal plan. I’ve found that even kids love these creations. Every time my kids have their friends sleep over, they often want pancakes to start the day. It's a fun tradition, but I was getting tired of the unbalanced, high sugar, standard pancake stacks that inevitably cause a nasty energy crash later in the day. By adding more protein, this meal provides a more even distribution of macronutrients to fuel your day.
High Protein Recipes
By adding fresh raspberries and peaches, the sugar content may be a little higher, but the added flavor is excellent. You’re also getting some additional dietary fiber, which is key to good intestinal health. With 7.8 net carbs and 7 grams of protein per pancake, these are sure to please any health-conscious crowd, and they don’t even require syrup!
As a result of the ingredients used in these recipes, you can expect protein pancakes to be denser than the typical, fluffy flapjack. It’s a small sacrifice for the nutritional benefit and steady energy you’ll have throughout the day.
If there’s a farmer’s market in your area, try to snag some locally sourced peach marmalade!
For more of the best tasting protein pancakes, make sure you scope out all our recipes!
Peach Raspberry Protein Pancakes
If you're looking to get more protein into your diet, these pancakes are a tasty way to do so.
- Add oats to a food processor and process for 30 seconds until you have a fine powder.
- Add flour, protein powder, yogurt, egg white, milk, peach preserves, baking powder, and Stevia.
- Process for about 20 seconds until mixed well.
- Use a 3 tablespoon portion scoop to spoon batter onto a pre-heated, greased skillet.
- Heat 2-3 minutes per side.
- When finished, top pancakes with additional peach preserves, fresh peach slices and raspberries.
What other high protein recipes do you have in your kitchen arsenal?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.