One thing is for sure; we know Thor loses his hammer in the next installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Thor Ragnarok. To honor his mighty weapon, let’s decorate all the things!
Starting with an irresistible cupcake recipe from Devon at Midwestern Moms, these Marvel cupcakes are super easy to make, and a must have while we anticipate the movie’s release this November. Get ready for a lot of fun with fondant!
Marvel Cupcakes – Thor’s Hammer
In Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok,” Asgard is threatened but Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his hammer and to escape and save his home world he must fight his former ally and fellow Avenger—the Incredible Hulk!
The MCU never ceases to excite and drive me mad with anticipation. Thor: Ragnarok is going to be incredible–Hulk size incredible. The movie hits theaters November 3rd, so make sure to get your tickets at Fandango.com and mark your calendar!
Thor Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- Decorators Icing
- Red Fondant
- White Fondant
- Black Fondant
- Silver Color Mist
- Thor Hammer Cookie Cutter
- Blend together the chocolate cake mix, flour, sugar, water, vegetable oil, vanilla, sour cream, and eggs. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and fill with batter 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool before decorating.
Nutrition facts do not include the fondant.
Please see the blog post for complete decorating instructions.
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
How to make the Fondant Cupcake Toppers:
Tip: Make sure you sprinkle your surface with powdered sugar when rolling out fondant. It helps prevent sticking.
- Roll out some red fondant. Using a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out enough circles for your cupcakes.
- Roll out the white fondant. Using the Thor hammer cookie cutter, cut out enough of the hammer heads for your cupcakes. Also, cut off the corners a bit, so it doesn’t have sharp corners.
- Place the hammer heads onto wax paper with a cookie sheet under it. Take the Silver Color Mist and spray the hammer heads.
- Roll out the black fondant and make enough hammer handles for your cupcakes.
- Trim up fondant as needed to make clean edges.
- Once the silver mist has dried, it is time to assemble the toppers.
- Using a bit of water to make the fondant pieces stick together, attach the hammer head and handle to the red disk.
- To place the toppers on the cupcakes, take a little bit of decorators icing and apply to the tops of the cupcakes. Then gently place the toppers on top.
After making Marvel cupcakes, head on over to see what to buy with 100 dollars or less for Thor fans!