Craving a salted caramel mocha but don’t want to leave the house?
Here is how you can make a deliciously creamy caramel coffee drink from the comfort of your home.
As you can tell, I love making coffeehouse drinks at home.
Not only does making my own coffee drinks usually save money, but it also allows me to choose the ingredients.
Pinning lots of coffee drink recipes is a great idea for party planning, too.
Perhaps you want to create a coffee bar for your next gathering.
Review all your pins to line your bar with the necessary ingredients.
You can create little recipe cards so your guests can make their favorite drink, or go rogue and choose their own adventure.
In any case, this salted caramel drink is good to have for yourself or to share.
Salted Caramel Mocha Drink Recipe
This salted caramel coffee drink is not overly sweet.
If you like drinks like this sweeter, add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar or sweetener with the milk and cocoa.
What makes this recipe extra delicious is the salt and sugar on the top!
That salty-sweet crunch on top of the whipped cream makes this drink extra scrumptious!
What you Need to Make a Salted Caramel Mocha
Exact measurements are in the printable recipe card below.
- half and half – or your choice of milk or milk substitute
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- strong coffee
- salted caramel syrup (used Torani)
- caramel ice cream topping (used Hershey’s)
- whipped cream – the recipe for homemade whipped cream is in this post
- coarse decorative sugar (used Bob’s Red Mill)
- coarse sea salt
Steps to Make a Salted Caramel Mocha Drink
Add milk and cocoa into a saucepan and heat on medium.
Whisk the mixture frequently until the edges begin to bubble.
Add the brewed, strong coffee and salted caramel syrup together and pour it into the milk mixture.
Heat over medium until hot.
Pour into coffee mugs and top with whipped cream.
Drizzle with caramel.
Combine the decorative sugar and coarse sea salt in a small bowl and then sprinkle on top of the whipped cream.
More coffeehouse drinks to make at home
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons salted caramel syrup
- caramel ice cream topping
- whipped cream
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse decorator sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Add half and half and cocoa together in a saucepan and heat on medium, whisking frequently, until edges begin to bubble.
- Add coffee and salted caramel syrup together and pour into milk mixture. Heat over medium until hot.
- Pour into a coffee mug and top with whipped topping. Drizzle with caramel.
- Combine the decorator sugar and sea salt together in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of whipped cream.
You can use your choice of milk in place of the half and half.
This recipe is not overly sweet, so you may choose to add a sweetener if you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 465mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
Subscribe to the blog for more recipes like this one.
Please share this post with your coffee-loving friends and family.
Let me know if you make this salted caramel mocha recipe!