This Spicy Mango Shrimp is the perfect quick and easy meal to make using all the fresh fruit and veggies that are ripe and in season! Sweet mango cools the spicy kick of the shrimp making each bite perfection. Serve over a bed of brown rice for a light dinner.
Grab some fresh salad and have left-overs for lunch. An awesome no guilt meal anytime! From start to finish, the spicy mango shrimp is ready to eat in under 30 minutes. Let’s eat…
Easy Seafood Dinner
This meal is prepared using just a few ingredients. The mango is what takes the shrimp to another level. If you’re looking for new ways to serve up shrimp, definitely give this recipe a try.
The hubs is always requesting shrimp dinners. I don’t know many ways to prepare shrimp, so it’s fun to experiment with different flavor combinations and interesting recipes. If you have any tasty shrimp dinner suggestions, please let us know in the comments below.
For another delicious summer dinner option, try salmon on Blackstone. It’s quick, easy, and loaded with flavor.
Unique dinner recipes to try:
- Honey mint wild rice salad recipe
- Kale pasta recipe
- Ginger chicken recipe with veggies and rice
- Baked Mackerel Fillets with Spices
Spicy Mango Shrimp Recipe
An easy seafood dinner perfect for summer.
- 14 oz Shrimp, Large, peeled, deveined - I used frozen
- 1 Mango, Large, cubed
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 3 tbs lime juice, just from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp Red Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 TBS Olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until they start turning golden brown.
- Add soy sauce, basil, red pepper, lime juice. Stir and cook for just about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp. If frozen, cook until heated. If fresh, cook through. Should be just about 4-5 minutes.
- Finally, add in mango. Mix until completely coated. Stir occasionally so they warm evenly but do not allow them to get ‘mushy' Because, yuck.
- For a nice summer dinner, serve over brown rice. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 418mgSodium: 2764mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 6gSugar: 29gProtein: 50g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
We made spicy mango shrimp for dinner and took it outside to eat. I had a frozen margarita and my hubby enjoyed a cold beer. We watched the sunset and had quite a nice little date night in! It’s a perfect recipe for 2.
If you double the recipe and use a smidgen less red pepper, it’s a great way to get the kiddos to enjoy new foods! The sweet mango is a sure shot to get them to enjoy seafood.
The end of Summer will be here before we know it, this is 1 of those ‘must have’ dinners you should enjoy before the cold weather creeps back in!
If you like recipes like this, please subscribe to the blog. Also, share this recipe with your friends and family if you think it’s something they’d enjoy.
Ready for some Spicy Mango Shrimp? Let me know how yours turns out!
Thursday 4th of April 2019
Spicy Mango Shrimp Recipe does seem very tasty! I would enjoy this recipe and my husband also.
Friday 10th of October 2014
Yum!! Looks fresh & delicious! We love shrimp and mangoes I bet this taste fantastic!! Definitely will be trying this recipe.
Thursday 2nd of October 2014
I love mangoes and I bet it is going to tasty.
Sunday 14th of September 2014
I love recipes that are easy and look great. I think my family would love this.
Wednesday 3rd of September 2014
This sounds awesome! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday, Kathy