This Spicy Mango Shrimp is the perfect quick and easy meal to make using all the fresh fruit and veggies that are ripe and in season! Sweet mango cools the spicy kick of the shrimp making each bite perfection. Serve over a bed of brown rice for a light dinner.
Grab some fresh salad and have left-overs for lunch. An awesome no guilt meal anytime! From start to finish, the spicy mango shrimp is ready to eat in under 30 minutes. Let’s eat…
Easy Seafood Dinner
This meal is prepared using just a few ingredients. The mango is what takes the shrimp to another level. If you’re looking for new ways to serve up shrimp, definitely give this recipe a try.
The hubs is always requesting shrimp dinners. I don’t know many ways to prepare shrimp, so it’s fun to experiment with different flavor combinations and interesting recipes. If you have any tasty shrimp dinner suggestions, please let us know in the comments below.
More unique dinner recipes to try:
Spicy Mango Shrimp Recipe
- 14 oz Shrimp Large, peeled, deveined - I used frozen
- 1 Mango Large, cubed
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 3 tbs lime juice just from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp Red Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 TBS Olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until they start turning golden brown.
- Add soy sauce, basil, red pepper, lime juice. Stir and cook for just about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp. If frozen, cook until heated. If fresh, cook through. Should be just about 4-5 minutes.
- Finally, add in mango. Mix until completely coated. Stir occasionally so they warm evenly but do not allow them to get ‘mushy' Because, yuck.
- For a nice summer dinner, serve over brown rice. Enjoy!
We made spicy mango shrimp for dinner and took it outside to eat. I had a frozen margarita and my hubby enjoyed a cold beer. We watched the sunset and had quite a nice little date night in! It’s a perfect recipe for 2.
If you double the recipe and use a smidgen less red pepper, it’s a great way to get the kiddos to enjoy new foods! The sweet mango is a sure shot to get them to enjoy seafood.
The end of Summer will be here before we know it, this is 1 of those ‘must have’ dinners you should enjoy before the cold weather creeps back in!
If you like recipes like this, please subscribe to the blog. Also, share this recipe with your friends and family if you think it’s something they’d enjoy.
Ready for some Spicy Mango Shrimp? Let me know how yours turns out!