So, you’re going to want to eat this mint chocolate sugar scrub recipe, but try to control yourself. It’s for your skin. This sugar scrub recipe smells like a Thin Mint. Enjoy it in a nice relaxing bath, perhaps when you are craving chocolate. I can’t promise you that it will satisfy your sweet tooth, but worth a try, right? This post contains affiliate links to help support this blog.
Winter is in full force here in Chicago, and my skin is feeling it. I like to use a sugar scrub at least once a week to try to keep the scaly skin to a minimum. It’s so easy to make your own scrubs, play around with ingredients, and choose them to target different skin issues. I don’t know a lot about aromatherapy, but I do know that I find peppermint soothing. I like to use peppermint oil in a bath if I am overly stressed or feel a headache coming on.
If you know someone who loves Thin Mints, surprise them with a “lucky” jar of sugar scrub for St. Patrick’s Day! I mean, really, who doesn’t want to bathe in their favorite dessert? 😉 PS: Am I the only one that didn’t realize you can buy Thin Mints on Amazon?
Mint Chocolate Sugar Scrub Recipe
Makes 2 cups of chocolate mint sugar scrub
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 3 T cocoa powder
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- In a large bowl, add both sugars and the cocoa powder.
- Mix in the coconut oil and almond oil. Stir until well combined.
- Add the peppermint essential oil and Vitamin E oil (optional). Mix well.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
How to Use:
- Wet body and apply scrub generously to the skin.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Store in airtight container for up to six months.
It’s so easy to make your own sugar scrub. Treat yourself to this mint chocolate sugar scrub recipe and let me know how you like it.
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.