Earlier this year, I attended the Sweets & Snacks Expo with a lovely group of fellow bloggers. While perusing the vast aisles, loaded with booth after booth of candies, snacks, and innovative foods, we landed in the
We excitedly sampled each flavor, discussed the progress of the product with the creators, and brainstormed recipe ideas. Prior to tasting this crunchy, dehydrated cheese, I assumed cheddar would be my favorite and that I may not have a palate for the other flavors.
To my surprise, each space-rock shaped bite was more delicious than the last. I participated in Mom Blog Tour Sweets & Snacks Expo on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received
moon cheese is delicious on its own, added to trail mix, salads, or soups, and the best part–it really is just cheese.
This snack is keto-friendly, gluten-free, and high in protein. Because it’s dehydrated, it doesn’t require refrigeration making it perfect for on-the-go munching.
But, that’s too easy. We decided to see what other fun ways
You’ll taste the cheesy goodness, but you won’t see it.
Sneaky Cheese Burgers
Typically, homemade hamburger recipes call for breadcrumbs. Instead, try using crushed
This recipe calls for just Gouda, but you can pick your favorite cheese crumbles, and I suggest adding crushed Mix ‘Ems.
I added 1/4 cup of crushed Tomato & Basil Pesto to 1/4 cup of Gouda, and it was a great success. Everyone wanted more!
By eliminating the breadcrumbs, these are a gluten-free burger. The dehydrated cheese crumbles add wonderful flavor and hold the burger together nicely.
Even using the George Foreman grill–which I tilted to the highest level to drain the fat from the grass-fed ground beef, resulted in a juicy burger.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Moon Cheese, crushed, Gouda
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill for high heat. I used my George Foreman grill.
- Add preferred variety of Moon Cheese--I used half Gouda and half Tomato and Basil Pesto, to a zippered plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to a fine crumble.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, Moon Cheese crumbles, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder using your hands.
- Form the mixture into 8 hamburger patties.
- Lightly oil your grill and cook the patties 5 minutes per side, or until done.
Skip the bun if you want to keep the burger low carb and keto friendly!
Serving Size:1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 34g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Recipes to Try Next:
Have you tried
Which flavor is your favorite?