Earlier this year, I attended the Sweets & Snacks Expo with a lovely group of fellow bloggers. While perusing the vast aisles, loaded with booth after booth of candies, snacks, and innovative foods, we landed in the Moon Cheese booth.
We excitedly sampled each flavor, discussed the progress of the product with the creators, and brainstormed recipe ideas. Prior to tasting this crunchy, dehydrated cheese, I assumed cheddar would be my favorite and that I may not have a palate for the other flavors.
To my surprise, each space-rock shaped bite was more delicious than the last. I participated in Mom Blog Tour Sweets & Snacks Expo on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Moon Cheese products to facilitate my post, but my opinion and creative content are my own.
Moon Cheese comes in a variety of flavors including Cheddar, Gouda, Pepper Jack, Mozzarella, and now they even have Mix ‘Ems for even more of a flavor punch.
It’s delicious on its own, added to trail mix, salads, or soups, and the best part–it really is just cheese.
This snack is keto-friendly, gluten-free, and high in protein. Because it’s dehydrated, it doesn’t require refrigeration making it perfect for on-the-go munching.
But, that’s too easy. We decided to see what other fun ways Moon Cheese could be used so; we give you: Sneaky Cheese Burgers.
You’ll taste the cheesy goodness, but you won’t see it.
Sneaky Cheese Burgers
Typically, homemade hamburger recipes call for breadcrumbs. Instead, try using crushed Moon Cheese! The resulting flavor and consistency are outstanding.
This recipe calls for just Gouda, but you can pick your favorite cheese crumbles, and I suggest adding crushed Mix ‘Ems.
I added 1/4 cup of crushed Tomato & Basil Pesto to 1/4 cup of Gouda, and it was a great success. Everyone wanted more!
By eliminating the breadcrumbs, these are a gluten free burger. The dehydrated cheese crumbles add wonderful flavor and hold the burger together nicely.
Even using the George Foreman grill–which I tilted to the highest level to drain the fat from the grass-fed ground beef, resulted in a juicy burger.
Moon Cheese Burgers
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup Moon Cheese crushed, Gouda
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill for high heat. I used my George Foreman grill.
- Add preferred variety of Moon Cheese–I used half Gouda and half Tomato and Basil Pesto, to a zippered plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to a fine crumble.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, Moon Cheese crumbles, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder using your hands.
- Form the mixture into 8 hamburger patties.
- Lightly oil your grill and cook the patties 5 minutes per side, or until done.
Recipes to Try Next:
Have you tried Moon Cheese yet? Which flavor is your favorite?