I have always wanted to make homemade
While visiting one of my favorite blogs, DogVills.com, I came across their hypoallergenic dog treat recipe and knew I had to try something like it. We happened to have two extremely ripe bananas that needed to be dealt with, so it was the perfect timing. I modified their recipe, and I am sure it’s no longer hypoallergenic. So, if you are concerned with allergies, follow their original recipe using the link above.
How to Make Oatmeal Banana Homemade
- 1 Overripe banana
- 1 Cup oatmeal
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter (all-natural – make sure it does NOT contain xylitol)
- 1 Tablespoon fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash overripe banana in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Roll mixture into 1″ balls and place on your cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, flatten them just a tiny bit.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before treating your dogs!
IMPORTANT: I cannot stress enough that it’s important to check the ingredients on the peanut butter you plan to use. Make sure it’s not sugar-free. Ideally, the ingredients should list peanuts and salt at the most.
If you see xylitol listed in the ingredients, DO NOT give this to your dogs under any circumstances. Xylitol is deadly to dogs, and we do not even keep it in our house for that reason.
There’s something about making your own homemade
Bamboo Bowl pictured, which I received for review purposes.
Once it was time to reward the pups, they gobbled them right up. I got loads of thank you kisses afterward, and I swear they knew that I baked the treats just for them. The rest I stored in an airtight container. I will make sure to use them within the week. When it’s hot outside, make this frozen dog treats recipe.
No time to make your own dog treats? No worries. Spoil your fur buds with a monthly Pet Gift Box.
Have you ever made homemade