A green tea pancakes recipe is a super treat for
Matcha Green Tea Pancakes Recipe
Pancakes are a rare treat in this house. Mike isn’t a big fan of breakfast, while I would eat it for dinner if I had my way. That’s one reason why making a huge batch to freeze them appeals to me greatly. When Shelley and I made these green tea pancakes at my Gram’s house, there were enough for all of us to freeze and take home for later.
To me, the pancakes do not have an overwhelming tea flavor. If you like
The texture of the pancakes is light and fluffy. Overall, as a
If you are looking for another way to use Matcha green tea powder, give this recipe a try and let us know how you like it. Be sure to visit our other
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Matcha green tea powder
- Scrape the vanilla bean to get the seeds out and add to a small bowl.
- Add sugar to the vanilla bean seeds and stir. Press the back of a spoon against the beans to break them up a bit.
- In another bowl, mix together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Matcha powder
- Add the sugar and vanilla bean mixture and combine well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients in the order they are listed above. Mix on medium speed.
- Heat a pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Add a little butter to the pan before pouring batter.
- Pour batter into the size you like for pancakes.
- Heat each side for about a minute before flipping.
- Serve with powdered sugar or syrup.
- Freeze leftovers in a freezer bag with wax paper separating each pancake.
Serving Size:1 pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Green pancakes can be a fun holiday treat. We explain why the batter isn’t all that green in the
Do you think you would like this