It seems like we all know someone that has everything. Maybe they’re older and have had a lifetime to accumulate all the things they could ever need or want. Or, maybe they’ve just got tons of money and can afford anything they may desire. In any case, that leaves us with the painful quest to find gifts for someone who has everything when the holiday season rolls around. To help spark some thoughtful ideas, we put together this list. It includes affiliate links but we only chose items we’ve personally experienced to be great.
Gifts for Someone Who Has Everything
- Dino Pet or other desktop self-contained world. We have the Dino Pet and freaking love it. We keep it on the dining room table where it is able to get diffused light throughout the day. Then, when you swish around the dinoflagellates inside, they glow in the dark. These bioluminescent creatures are those responsible for the glowing waves in the ocean in some parts of the world. No matter how you look at it, having a tiny WORLD on your desk is just cool.
- Pineapple Door Knocker. Pineapple anything is basically a guaranteed win. But, did you know a pineapple door knocker symbolizes friendship and hospitality? Plus, it looks amazing on any door.
- Starling Watch. These colorfully lit steampunk watches are an affordable yet priceless gift option. Only 1000 of each design will ever be made. A charming story goes along with the whole line of 6 collectible watches and each come in a spectacular resign box designed by a Disney artist. You may just find a few hidden Mickeys.
- Bean Box Subscription. Subscription boxes are the gifts that just keep on giving and they’re so fun to receive in the mail. But, since they are an ongoing gift, it’s best to make sure you get the one that fits the person. If they love coffee, then the Bean Box is the way to go.
- Try The World Box Subscription. This subscription box is best for people with an adventurous palette. Each box takes your tastebuds on an expedition to a different land through cultural foods.
- Adult Coloring Books. Don’t knock it ’til you try it. I find coloring to be such a relaxing activity. With an Art Therapy subscription, you even get the supplies! This is another great gift that keeps on giving.
- Experiences. If this person really does have everything, then maybe they’d like a great way to spend their time. Check the Clymb, Groupon and Living Social for great deals on a night out or even a vacation adventure. Find something in their area like Medieval Times, hot air balloon rides, or a chance to drive a race car. Or, you might just find that unique gift you’re looking for. Touch of Modern is also a favorite for quality weird items. Perhaps a book like Base Camp Las Vegas will inspire them to plan a hiking adventure.
- Funny sleeping bag. Getting cozy AND looking amazing? Who wouldn’t want something like this! Mike certainly loves his Chumbuddy.
- Photo book. If you’re close with this person, the ultimate gift is a photo book. It’s thoughtful, always fun to look at, and never gets old. Plus it’s a great way to keep memories alive and well. I made one for Gram and she loves looking at it–especially since the stroke, it’s refreshing her mind with happy thoughts.
- Lindt chocolates. Because who doesn’t love good chocolate?! Not going to lie, Jen and I hid those mint truffles in the office and are not sharing. They’re to die for delicious.
Do you have to buy gifts for someone who has everything?